How to Get Cleaning Clients: The Ultimate Guide
Spinning your wheels trying to get clients for your house cleaning business? Have you bugged your family and friends to the point they don’t answer your calls anymore? Are you watching your dream of running a cleaning business fade because you can’t find any clients?
You can jump off that merry-go-round, this post will help you find clients for your cleaning service.
House cleaning is a great business to start. It’s relatively low cost, there is a lot of demand for it, and it’s something that most people need regularly. However, the one thing that can hold many people back from starting their own cleaning business is how to get clients.
How do you go about finding people who need your services? How do you market yourself in a way that stands out from the competition?
In this article, we will discuss some tips and strategies for getting more clients for your house cleaning business! I also want to add that I do have a marketing power pack where I have these ideas and more along with a tracking tool to help you get more clients consistently.
How to Get Cleaning Clients
Start by creating a list of potential clients, such as busy moms, working professionals, or retirees
Depending on what your target market is (the types of clients you want to serve) start making a list of people you know who will fall into these groups. This can be people you know living in a certain neighborhood, busy moms, working professionals, apartment complexes, etc.
Once you have your list, draft an email letting them know that you have started a cleaning service, and write a small blurb about what you offer (like 2 – 3 sentences at most). Let them know that you are currently taking new clients and ask for their help by passing your name on to anyone they know who may be looking for a reliable cleaning service.
Tips for creating a list of potential clients.
- Once you send an email to this list, STOP. If they are interested they will reach out. One sure way to lose a friend is by constantly trying to sell to them.
- If you get a referral be sure to thank your friend. You can do this by offering a free cleaning service or giving them a $50 gift card. This will go a long way and they may even refer more people your way.
- Offer the best service to any clients that are referred to you by a friend. If a friend refers a relative to your service and you show up late, forget to clean the shower, and show up with beat-up supplies it will surely make it back to your friend. You can bet they will never refer anyone to your service again.
Contact your local chamber of commerce and ask to be added to their business directory.
The chamber of commerce is a great place to start when looking for new clients. They are always looking to promote local businesses and what better way to show that you are invested in the community than by being a part of their directory.
Tips for getting added to your local chamber of commerce business directory
- When you contact them, let them know that you are starting a cleaning business and would like to be added to their directory. They will most likely have you fill out a form with your business information and then add you to their website.
- Once you are added, be sure to keep your information up-to-date, as this will be one of the first places potential clients will look when they are searching for a new cleaning service.
Claim your Google My Business profile.
Google My Business is a great way to get your business name out there and attract new clients. When you claim your profile, it allows you to show up in search results when people are looking for cleaning services in your area on the internet.
To claim your profile, simply go to Google My Business and create an account with your business information. Once you have verified your account, you will be able to start adding photos, your business hours, and other important information that potential clients will be looking for.
Tips for Claiming your Google My Business profile
- Make sure your business information is accurate and up-to-date, as this is what will show up in search results.
- Add photos of your work, as this will help you stand out from the competition.
- Fill out your profile completely.
- Start building your reviews, each time you clean a client’s home ask them to leave a review on Google Reviews
Create social media profiles for your cleaning business and post photos of your previous work.
Social media is a great way to attract new clients and show off your work. Be sure to create profiles on the most popular platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Once you have created your profiles, start posting photos of your previous work. You can also post special offers, coupons, and other information that potential clients
Tips for creating social media profiles for your cleaning business.
- Make sure your business contact information is up to date and is consistent on all platforms. This will help your rankings on Google.
- Use high-quality photos. This is your chance to show off your work, so make sure the photos are clear and professional looking.
- Post regularly, but don’t spam your followers with too many posts. Once or twice a week is plenty.
- Engage with your followers by responding to comments and questions quickly.
Create a website for your cleaning business.
A website is a great way to attract new clients and show off your work. Be sure to include your contact information and business hours, and list the services you offer.
Many people searching online want instant information so include a list of what is cleaned with each cleaning and a pricing range for your service. Use your website for online quotes by adding an integrated quote form this is a great way to book a client online.
Tips for creating a website for your cleaning business
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly, as more and more people are using their phones to search for businesses.
- Use high-quality photos and videos of your work.
- Include testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Include lots of ‘call to action’s, and make it easy for potential clients to reach you by including your phone number, a contact form or request for quote form.
Attend community events where homeowners and renters might be looking for a cleaner.
There are always community events going on, such as block parties, garage sales, and festivals. Attend these events by setting up a table and hand out business cards or flyers to potential clients.
You can also offer a discount for anyone who mentions that they saw you at the event. Or even have a drawing for a free house cleaning. This is a great way to get your name out there, attract new clients and start collecting email addresses to start email marketing.
Tips for attending community events
- Be sure to dress professionally and have plenty of business cards or flyers on hand. If you have a shirt with your business logo that is even better.
- Engage with potential clients, but don’t be too pushy. Engage in authentic communication getting to know them.
- Have a special offer or discount available for anyone who mentions the event.
Join online forums or groups related to house cleaning or other home services.
There are many online forums and groups where homeowners and renters can post about their cleaning needs. Join these groups and offer your services.
You can also use these groups to network with other businesses in the home services industry. This is a great way to get referrals from other businesses as well.
Tips for joining online forums and groups
Be sure to read the rules of the group before posting. You don’t want to get kicked out for breaking a rule.
- Professionally introduce yourself and your business. Any communication in these groups should always be professional. If you wouldn’t say it in front of a customer, then don’t say it in online group discussions.
- Offer your services clearly and concisely and be consistent with your pricing and service. Don’t offer one person a lower rate than another. You never know who knows who.
- Be sure to follow up with potential clients as soon as possible after they’ve posted about their cleaning needs. The early bird gets the worm here!
Maintain good communication with clients and provide quality service so that they will recommend you to others.
The best way to get new clients is by providing quality service and maintaining good communication with your current clients. They will be the ones to recommend you to others.
Tips for maintaining good communication and providing quality service to clients.
- Always be professional and courteous when communicating with clients.
- Provide quality service by being on time, efficient, and thorough. Offering a 100% guarantee on quality and keeping that promise goes a long way.
- Keep your clients updated on any changes to your business, such as new services or prices.
- Send a follow-up message after each job to thank the client and ask if they were happy with the service. If they were not happy, respond by asking how you can fix it.
Have a stellar referral program and reward clients for referring their neighbors and friends.
A great way to get new clients is by offering a referral program. Clients can earn rewards, such as discounts or free services, for referring their friends and neighbors. This is a win-win situation because the client gets a discount and you get a new customer.
Tips for creating a referral program:
- Include your referral program in your new client welcome kit for each new client.
- Be sure to offer an incentive that is valuable to your clients.
- Make it easy for clients to refer their friends by providing them with referral cards or a unique referral code.
- Track referrals so that you can properly reward your clients.
Network with local businesses to offer a small discount to their clients if they sign up for your services.
Many businesses are always looking for ways to save their clients’ money. Contact local businesses and offer a small discount to their clients if they sign up for your services. This is a great way to get new customers and build relationships with other businesses in your community.
Tips for networking with other businesses:
- Reach out to businesses that are in a similar industry as you. For example, if you offer house cleaning services, you could reach out to real estate agents, property management companies, and home improvement stores.
- Offer a discount that is valuable to the business but does not eat into your profits too much.
- Be sure to have a contract in place that outlines the terms of the discount agreement.
By following these tips, you will be on your way to getting new clients for your house cleaning business.
Just remember to be professional, provide quality service, and maintain good communication with your clients. These are the key ingredients for a successful business.
Frequently asked questions
How to get your first cleaning client?
For aspiring entrepreneurs, the biggest obstacle to achieving their dream is finding that first client. Most cleaning services get their first client from someone in their personal network. So the best way to get your first client is by emailing all you know.
Let them know you have started a cleaning business and that you are taking on new clients. Tell them about their service Let them know if they need a quality cleaning service you would be happy to give them a quote.
Or if they currently don’t need a cleaning service you would appreciate it if they keep you in mind next time they hear about someone needing a cleaning service.
If you have the money and no network, another option is to start running paid ads online through either Google, Facebook, Instagram, or another online channel. Most homeowners now purchase home services via the internet.
How to keep cleaning clients?
When you get a new client for your cleaning business it’s exciting and encouraging. But when you lose a client it just plain sucks! So how do you keep your cleaning clients?
By providing quality service–showing up on time, delivering the services you promised, dressing professionally, and using professional language–you’re making sure your customers are happy.
It’s important to always show up on time and deliver the services that you promised. This type of reliability will build trust and keep clients coming back.
Dress professionally when cleaning or representing your business. Don’t wear clothes with stains and tares. This will create a positive impression and help to build rapport.
Good communication is also key. If there are any changes to your schedule or a problem with a service, be sure to let your client know as soon as possible. That way, they won’t be left in the dark and can make alternative arrangements if need be.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that you’ll be keeping your house cleaning clients for years to come.
How to get cleaning clients fast?
There is no one magical way to get lots of cleaning clients quickly. The best marketing strategy is one that diversifies and is consistent. Don’t get discouraged and don’t give up.
Track how clients are finding you, this will tell you what marketing strategy will work best for your business. Once you know where most of your clients come from, focus and invest in that strategy.
Where can I advertise my cleaning business for free?
There are many ways to advertise your cleaning business for free. You can start by claiming you’re My Google Business account so that your business starts showing up in Google Searches for cleaning services in your area.
You can also create free social media accounts, using local keywords so that your accounts will show up in online searches. You can also post on online classified websites and social media platforms.
Email past clients and offer a 1 time special to come back and hire you (make sure the 1-time discount is only on 1 house cleaning service and not for recurring services. I did this regularly and it helped me fill in gaps in my schedule. When a client had to cancel a cleaning, I would send an email to my list saying the first person to get back to me can get their house cleaned that day for a discount.
What do customers want from a cleaning company?
When it comes to choosing a cleaning company, customers want one that is reliable and can provide consistent results.
They want to be able to trust the cleaning company to show up on time and get the job done without any drama. And of course, they want a cleaning company that will keep its promises.
A cleaning company that can provide all of these things is sure to be successful. When customers feel confident in the cleaning company they’ve chosen, they’ll be more likely to continue using its services. This is why it’s so important for cleaning companies to focus on providing quality service that customers can depend on.
How to advertise cleaning services on Facebook?
There are a few things to keep in mind when you’re advertising your cleaning company on Facebook. First, make sure your page is up-to-date and looks professional. This means having a profile picture, cover photo, and bio that accurately represent your business.
Run ads and take advantage of Facebook’s targeting options to ensure that your ads are being seen by your ideal clientele. You can target people based on location, age, gender, interests, and more.
Make sure your ads are creative and attention-grabbing. Use high-quality images and persuasive copy to stand out from the competition. By following these tips, you can get consistent leads for new cleaning clients from Facebook.
Here are some tips on how to get started:
- Start by creating a Facebook page for your cleaning company. Make sure to include lots of information about your services, rates, and operating hours.
2. Once you have your page set up, start promoting it to your friends and family. Encourage them to like and share your page so that more people will see it.
3. Pay attention to the times of day when your page gets the most traffic. This is likely when potential customers are searching for cleaning services. Make sure to post during these times so that you have a better chance of being seen.
4. Use relevant keywords in your posts so that people who are searching for cleaning services will be more likely to find your page.
5. Offer special deals and discounts on your cleaning services from time to time. This will help to attract new customers and keep existing ones coming back for more.
How to sell cleaning services?
The cleaning industry is a competitive one, but there are ways to make your cleaning company stand out from the rest.
- Focus on quality. potential clients should be impressed with the level of cleanliness your company provides.
- Make sure your prices are competitive. potential clients will be comparing cleaning companies, and you want to make sure yours is in the mix.
- Focus on customer service. potential clients should feel like they are your top priority.
If you can provide a great cleaning experience from start to finish, you’re sure to win over new business.